Best Practices in Critical Incident Response for the Workplace - On Site
On Site Program Summary
Overview of trends in the occurrence of critical incidents
Understanding how to serve in a consulting role
Organizing response to incidents in the workplace
Mass disaster and cultural competency
Promoting resiliency and self care
|8:30-9:00||Welcome and Opening Remarks|
|9:00-10:30||Prevalence of Critical Incidents and Introduction to Psychological First Aid Principles|
|10:45-12:00||Small and Large Group Briefing Training and Exercises|
|1:00 - 3:00||Small and Large Group Briefing Exercises Continued|
|3:15-4:00||Mass Disaster and Cultural Competency|
|4:00 - 5:00||Promoting Personal Resiliency|
- Recognize the latest research and best practices in critical incident response
- Demonstrate how to effectively and professionally manage a consulting relationship with an employer seeking critical incident response services.
- Demonstrate how to conduct on site critical incident response services including management consultation, small and large group briefings, and 1:1 supportive interactions for employees.
- Demonstrate how to deliver critical incident response services with understanding of corporate culture, business objectives, and risk management features.
- Practice CIR services that support individual and organizational resiliency in functional terms such as return to work and productivity.
- Practice psycho-education applicable to the immediate aftermath of a critical incident.
- Demonstrate how to effectively apply Psychological First Aid (PFA) principles in an organizational setting.
- Demonstrate how to work within 3rd party relationships and with multiple stake-holders.
- Exercise cultural competence in the delivery of critical incident response.
- Identify ethical/legal/confidentiality standards applicable to critical incident response.
- Recognize a phase-sensitive response to mass disasters
- Promote self-care for CIR responders
Crisis Care Network and the African American Private Practitioners in Behavioral Health (AAPPBH) are presenting the "Best Practice in Critical Incident Response in the Workplace" training at Ingal... Read More
Apr 21 2015Wyoming, MI - October 16, 2015
October 16, 2015 – Wyoming, MI
Location: Crisis Care Network Headquarters, 4115 Ayrshire Dr SW, Wyoming, MI 49418
Registration Info: Click Read More
Dec 05 2014