Best Practices in Critical Incident Response for the Workplace - On Site
On Site Program Summary
Overview of trends in the occurrence of critical incidents
Understanding how to serve in a consulting role
Organizing response to incidents in the workplace
Mass disaster and cultural competency
Promoting resiliency and self care
|8:30-9:00||Welcome and Opening Remarks|
|9:00-10:30||Prevalence of Critical Incidents and Introduction to Psychological First Aid Principles|
|10:45-12:00||Small and Large Group Briefing Training and Exercises|
|1:00 - 3:00||Small and Large Group Briefing Exercises Continued|
|3:15-4:00||Mass Disaster and Cultural Competency|
|4:00 - 5:00||Promoting Personal Resiliency|
- Recognize the latest research and best practices in critical incident response
- Demonstrate how to effectively and professionally manage a consulting relationship with an employer seeking critical incident response services.
- Demonstrate how to conduct on site critical incident response services including management consultation, small and large group briefings, and 1:1 supportive interactions for employees.
- Demonstrate how to deliver critical incident response services with understanding of corporate culture, business objectives, and risk management features.
- Practice CIR services that support individual and organizational resiliency in functional terms such as return to work and productivity.
- Practice psycho-education applicable to the immediate aftermath of a critical incident.
- Demonstrate how to effectively apply Psychological First Aid (PFA) principles in an organizational setting.
- Demonstrate how to work within 3rd party relationships and with multiple stake-holders.
- Exercise cultural competence in the delivery of critical incident response.
- Identify ethical/legal/confidentiality standards applicable to critical incident response.
- Recognize a phase-sensitive response to mass disasters
- Promote self-care for CIR responders
October 10, 2014 – Wyoming, MI
Location: Crisis Care Network Headquarters, 4115 Ayrshire Dr SW, Wyoming, MI 49418
Registration Info: Click here for Read More
Dec 05 2013